Things are very fluid in our present situation and information can change along with this. Please disregard the memo which was sent home on Monday evening. An updated situation memo can be found here. This item is valid as of 3:00 PM on Tuesday, March 17th
JRI is sharing this information with all of its community partners and members.
Earlier this Fall, Eastern Health launched its brand new website – Health Information, known as “Hi”. The Hi website is a go-to place for health and wellness resources for individuals, families, and communities.
We encourage you to check out the website at hi.easternhealth.ca
You can also read this letter from Eastern Health related to this new site.
All parents/guardians are asked to note the following important dates:
March 23 – Teacher Professional Development Day (School Closed)
March 31 – Term 2 Student Reports Distributed
April 2nd – Parent/Teacher Meetings
JRI’s Annual Winter Carnival will take place from March 5th-13th, 2020! This year’s event is packed with lots of fun winter activities! Be sure to participate and win points for your homeroom! The class with the most points at the end of the week will be crowned Winter Carnival Champions at our Spirit Rally! See our schedule below for details!
Thursday, March 5th: Frozen Day and Jr High Winter Carnival Dance
– Everyone is invited to wear blue and white to school! – Winter Carnival Opening Junior High Dance (7pm in the Gymnasium)
Friday, March 6th: Jersey Day
– Show support for your favorite team by wearing a jersey to school!
Monday, March 9th: Outdoor Winter Activities & Elementary Movie Night!
– Outdoor winter activities for Elementary students! (Remember to bring outdoor clothing to school!)
– Elementary Movie Night! (7pm in the Gymnasium.)
– Annual Junior High Trip to White Hills Ski Resort in Clarenville! (See memo for more details)
Tuesday, March 10th: Twin/Triplet Day / Skating (Grade 6)
– Call up your closest friends, coordinate your outfits, and come to school looking like twins or triplets! – Skating at the Jack Byrne Arena and Hot Chocolate for our Grade 6 classes!
Wednesday, March 11th: Homeroom Spirit Day / Skating (Grade 7)
– Show your class spirit (and earn spirit points for your class) by getting decked out in your homeroom color!
– Skating at the Jack Byrne Arena and Hot Chocolate for our Grade 7 classes!
– Annual Torbay Lions Club Lip Sync Competition! (7pm in the School Gymnasium)
Thursday, March 12th: Hawaiian Day
– Lose those winter boots and break out the leis! Wear your favorite Hawaiian attire to school!
Friday, March 13th: JRI Spirit Day!
– Wear your Jag Swag or school colors (orange/green) to show your JRI spirit!
– Skating at the Jack Byrne Arena and Hot Chocolate for our Grade 5 classes!
– 2nd Annual JRI Spirit Rally! We will close our Winter Carnival with a high energy celebration in our gymnasium, and show our awesome school spirit!
Please be advised that Juniper Ridge Intermediate will open on Tuesday, January 28th, on our regular schedule. It will be Day 8 on our School Calendar. Extra-curricular activities will also resume on Tuesday. All students are reminded that School Lunch will not be available, therefore students will be required to bring a packed lunch until further notice. We will update you regarding when School Lunch operations will resume. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
Please Click Here for the District’s Media Release.
School Lunch will not be available at JRI until further notice. All students are required to bring a packed lunch to school.
The NLESD is taking a phase-in approach to the reopening of schools. Therefore Juniper Ridge Intermediate will be closed tomorrow, Monday, January 27th, and there will be a further announcement tomorrow afternoon. All extra-curricular/sports activities are also cancelled for tomorrow, Monday, January 27th. Please Click Here to access the District Media Release for more information.
As well, all after-school, extra curricular and evening activities at the school are cancelled since the building will not be open.
Due to ongoing clean-up efforts following last week’s blizzard, please be advised that all schools in the St. John’s Metro region will remain closed for the remainder of the week (Jan. 22-24, inclusive).
We hope that everyone is doing well in the aftermath of this substantial weather event.
For more information or clarification, please visit the nlesd.ca website.
Please be advised that due to conditions related to the storm, school will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
We hope everyone is doing well with their cleanup efforts!
Please be advised that due to conditions related to the storm, Juniper Ridge Intermediate will be closed on Monday, January 20th, 2020.
We hope you are staying safe during this substantial weather event.