September 2017 School Opening Information
We are very excited about the new school year here at Juniper Ridge Intermediate! We are providing the following information to outline our school opening procedures and reminders. Also, our new school webpage is set to go live over the weekend! Please visit us at www.juniperridge.ca and follow us on Twitter at @JuniperRidgeNL.
- School will open for students on Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 at the regular time (9:05am).
- In order to ensure that all students are directed to their new classrooms in an efficient manner, parents/guardians will not be permitted in the school building. We appreciate your cooperation as we ensure the safety of all students.
- Early student drop off will start daily at 8:35am. Please do not drop off students before this time as supervision is not available and the school building will not be
open. While we understand this may be an inconvenience, we ask for your cooperation in order to ensure student safety. Students who are dropped off will be directed to wait in the cafeteria until 9:05am when buses are offloaded. Students can be dropped off at the main entrance only as the rear entrance is
reserved for buses only.
- The School Lunch program will start service on September 28th. Order envelopes will be sent home with students once school opens. Please ensure students bring their own lunch until the School Lunch program starts service. Students are also reminded to bring their own recess snacks as we do not sell recess items.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday as we start our first full year at Juniper Ridge!
- Bus transportation will start on Wednesday, September 6th. Please visit the School District’s website for detailed bus route information at: https://www.nlesd.ca/schools/doc/1503073508260.pdf
- Courtesy seat requests will be considered as per the School District’s Courtesy Seat Policy. Please follow the link below to review the policy, which also includes the Courtesy Seat Application: https://www.nlesd.ca/schools/busing/doc/courtesy_seating_protocol.pdf
- Courtesy seats do not carry over from the previous year. Therefore if your child availed of a courtesy seat last year and would like to continue to do so this year, you must submit a courtesy seat application.
- The deadline to submit a Courtesy Seat Request Form is 12 noon, Friday, September 15th. Courtesy seats will be awarded in accordance with District Policy after this date.