JRI’s Annual Winter Carnival will take place from March 5th-13th, 2020! This year’s event is packed with lots of fun winter activities! Be sure to participate and win points for your homeroom! The class with the most points at the end of the week will be crowned Winter Carnival Champions at our Spirit Rally! See our schedule below for details!
Thursday, March 5th: Frozen Day and Jr High Winter Carnival Dance
– Everyone is invited to wear blue and white to school! – Winter Carnival Opening Junior High Dance (7pm in the Gymnasium)
Friday, March 6th: Jersey Day
– Show support for your favorite team by wearing a jersey to school!
Monday, March 9th: Outdoor Winter Activities & Elementary Movie Night!
– Outdoor winter activities for Elementary students! (Remember to bring outdoor clothing to school!)
– Elementary Movie Night! (7pm in the Gymnasium.)
– Annual Junior High Trip to White Hills Ski Resort in Clarenville! (See memo for more details)
Tuesday, March 10th: Twin/Triplet Day / Skating (Grade 6)
– Call up your closest friends, coordinate your outfits, and come to school looking like twins or triplets! – Skating at the Jack Byrne Arena and Hot Chocolate for our Grade 6 classes!
Wednesday, March 11th: Homeroom Spirit Day / Skating (Grade 7)
– Show your class spirit (and earn spirit points for your class) by getting decked out in your homeroom color!
– Skating at the Jack Byrne Arena and Hot Chocolate for our Grade 7 classes!
– Annual Torbay Lions Club Lip Sync Competition! (7pm in the School Gymnasium)
Thursday, March 12th: Hawaiian Day
– Lose those winter boots and break out the leis! Wear your favorite Hawaiian attire to school!
Friday, March 13th: JRI Spirit Day!
– Wear your Jag Swag or school colors (orange/green) to show your JRI spirit!
– Skating at the Jack Byrne Arena and Hot Chocolate for our Grade 5 classes!
– 2nd Annual JRI Spirit Rally! We will close our Winter Carnival with a high energy celebration in our gymnasium, and show our awesome school spirit!